2. Gemalto M2M may post product specific privacy notices to explain our products in more detail.
Gemalto M2M GmbH
Switchboard: +49 89 21029 9000
Information Gemalto M2M collects and its use
1. Upon conclusion of the application process, Gemalto M2M asks you for personal information. Gemalto M2M may combine the information you submit with third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, Gemalto M2M may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
3. When you access Gemalto M2M services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your Gemalto M2M request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
4. When you send email or other communications to Gemalto M2M, Gemalto M2M may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. Gemalto M2M may use your email address (or other contact details) to communicate with you about our services. Accordingly, please refer to Gemalto M2M Disclaimer and associated terms and conditions.
7. In addition to the above, Gemalto M2M may use the collected information to:
- provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- protect the rights or property of Gemalto M2M or our users.
8. If Gemalto M2M uses this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then Gemalto M2M will ask for your consent prior to such use. Gemalto M2M processes personal information on our servers in Germany and in other countries. In some cases, Gemalto M2M processes personal information outside your own country. Gemalto M2M will adhere to all other applicable best practices, regulatory, legislative and related policies and procedures.
9. Gemalto M2M only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Gemalto M2M in the following limited circumstances:
- Gemalto M2M has your consent.
- Gemalto M2M has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Gemalto M2M, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
10. Gemalto M2M takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Gemalto M2M stores personal data. Gemalto M2M restricts access to personal information to Gemalto M2M employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
11. When you use Gemalto M2M services, Gemalto M2M makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. Gemalto M2M asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and Gemalto M2M may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where Gemalto M2M provides information access and correction, Gemalto M2M performs this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way Gemalto M2M maintains certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
12. Both Parties warrant that they will duly observe all of its respective obligations under the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and any amendments thereof and relevant Local Regulation.
13. For the purposes of this policy concerning EU Member States, “Personal Data”, “Personal Data Controller”, “Processor of Personal Data” shall have the meaning given in Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and any amendments thereof and relevant Local Regulation.
14. If you and/or Gemalto M2M are required to provide information to a third party and/or to any public authority regarding your personal data, the parties will reasonably cooperate in providing such information
15. You are the responsible persons for the following:
- determining the purposes and means of Gemalto M2M’s processing of your Personal Data under this Policy;
- if applicable, having obtained prior informed consent from each of your data subjects with respect to the performance of the services that will generate process of personal data;
- if you are located in a country outside the European Union and since Gemalto M2M as sub-contractor is processing your personal data in Germany, you as the Personal Data Controller are subject to applicable data protection laws and applicable sanctions for breaches of the law. These may include fines, imprisonment, publishing the information of the case in newspapers or other publications (for which the sanctioned person must pay), ceasing processing operations and removing the controller's authorisation to process.
16. GEMALTO M2M WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA OR LOSS OF USE OF ANY COMPUTER OR NETWORK SYSTEMS.