EGS5 / EGS5-X Overview
The EGS5 is a high-performance, open-platform module powered by the JavaTM virtual machine. By combining the advantages of easy and reliable automated manufacturing with fast application design and development, the EGS5 module cuts development and manufacturing costs and increases ROI.
The new EGS5-X offers an extended memory (1.7 MB RAM, 8 MB Flash File System) and also enables integrated Firmware Over The Air Update (FOTA) to protect customer investment.
EGS5 / EGS5-X Details
The EGS5 / EGS5-X wireless module features:
- LGA 119 pads mounting technology
- GPRS Class 12 for both 86 kbps in uplink and downlink
- Quad-Band (850/9000/1800/1900 MHz)
- Java IMP-NG Virtual Machine open platform
- TCP/IP over AT
- USB, I2C, SPI, two serial interfaces
- Extended temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Radio Link Stability (RLS) monitoring (e.g. for jamming detection)
- Remote SIM access